UTC Fire & Security Australia Pty Ltd t/as Interlogix—449 Series Self-Diagnostic Photoelectric Smoke Detector
What are the defects?
When the Smoke Detectors are near a device with frequency levels ranging between 440Mhz – 470Mhz, the Smoke Detectors may possibly become idle or activate false alarms. Some devices, such as Satellite Phones and hand-held ‘Walkie Talkies’, use this frequency range for their operation.
What are the hazards?
If the Smoke Detector is idle it may not serve its purpose of alerting users in case of fire, which can contribute to further damage to people or property.
What should consumers do?
1. Please refer to the attached document ‘449 Series Self-Diagnostic Photoelectric Smoke Detector: Checking the Model and Date Code’ for instructions how to check the manufacturing date on your detector.
2. If your smoke detector has a date code between 13084 and 14059 (that is, from March 25th, 2013 to February 28th, 2014) please contact your Installer to arrange for a replacement unit to be installed.
3. If you are unsure who your Installer is, please contact 1800 700 006 to arrange for a replacement to be installed.
HOW TO CONTACT INTERLOGIX:
• Call Interlogix on 1800 700 006 (9:00am to 5:00pm, 5 days a week)
• Email Interlogix at email@example.com
Direct Alarm Supplies (DAS)
Both DAS and Alarmcorp are distributors of Interlogix in Australia and have sold the Smoke Detectors to third party resellers.
- 25 March 2013 - 28 February 2014
Recall advertisements and supporting documentation
Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is the responsible regulator for this recall.