Australian children and teenagers have been seriously injured and have died after moveable soccer goals were installed incorrectly and/or used inappropriately.
You can help make moveable soccer goals safer by following the simple steps in this safety video, which features Melbourne Victory Captain and safe goalposts ambassador Adrian Leijer. Watch Team Cubs as they anchor, check, respect their goalposts to defeat the Grim Keeper.
This video is useful for:
- are a soccer coach, teacher or kids' soccer volunteer, or training to be one of these
- work at a school, soccer club or sports club
- are part of a soccer association or children’s sporting association
- are from a local council office
- are otherwise involved in soccer for young people.
You can watch it on YouTube.