ANE Furniture Pty Ltd—Menzies and Casey Bunk Beds
What are the defects?
The bunks supplied have one or more of the following defects:
1. The last slat at each end of the mattress base was positioned 130mm from the nearest endrail,which exceeds the maximum allowable gap of 95mm.
2. The access opening in the guardrail measures 448mm, exceeding the maximum allowable gap of 400mm.
3. The upper bunk slats are not fixed to the side rails and can be dislodged, creating gaps greater than 95mm.
What are the hazards?
The bunks present one or more of the following hazards:
1. Potential for entrapment if a child situated in the lower bunk places their head in the gap between the last slat at each end of the mattress base and the nearest endrail.
2. Potential "fall-through" hazard: a child may fall through the gap created by the opening in the guardrail.
3. Potential for entrapment if a child situated in the lower bunk removes a slat from the upper bunk and proceeds to force his/her head through the gap created.
What should consumers do?
All consumers who have purchased the Menzies Bunk should take immediate action by contacting the ANE Furniture head office on (02) 9756 6065 immediately to organise a replacement of the upper bunk slats.
Bedding Bulk (NSW),Beds & Beyond (NSW), Beds R Us (NSW & VIC), Best Price Furniture (NSW), Dream World Furniture (VIC), Focus On Furniture (VIC), Forty Winks (Tamworth,NSW), Furniture Court (QLD), Jedo's Beach House (NSW) ,Kidzone Shop (SA), Mitchell Furniture & Bedding (ACT), Mr Sleep (NSW), Nik's Furniture & Jane's Bedding (NSW), One Stop Pine (Campbelltown, NSW) Paul Giles (NSW), Sleepfurn (NSW), Steel Designs (NSW), The Sleeping Giant(Sydney, NSW), United Furniture Warehouse (NSW), Rest N Relax (VIC), Rise + Shine (VIC & NSW).
- 1 July 2007 - 1 August 2009
Recall advertisements and supporting documentation
Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is the responsible regulator for this recall.