Breville Pty Ltd—BPR200 Breville Fast Slow Cooker
What are the defects?
People have been injured because pressure has built up and released unexpectedly when the white lid gasket has been inserted in the wrong orientation, and contrary to the instructions in the manual.
What are the hazards?
Scalding - incorrect fitting of the supplied white lid gasket may result in release of hot liquids.
What should consumers do?
Customers can continue to use the appliance safely by following these easy instructions:
1. Check that the lid gasket is installed correctly before each use. Instructions are provided in the appliance instruction manual and can also be found at https://www.breville.com/au/en/support/Recall.html.
2. Do not lean across the vent while depressurising.
3. Do not force the appliance open. After depressurising, it should be possible to open the appliance using one hand.
4. Do not move the appliance when under pressure.
Consumers should contact Breville on 1300 727 424 (8.30am - 5pm AEST, Mon - Fri), email email@example.com or visit www.breville.com.au/recall to arrange a new lid gasket kit which will be sent by Breville, free of charge.
Myer, The Good Guys, Kmart, Bing Lee, Betta stores, Harvey Norman, Domayne and Joyce Mayne
- 1 October 2010 - 16 October 2015
Recall advertisements and supporting documentation
Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is the responsible regulator for this recall.