Gardenia Home Garden Décor Pty Ltd - Bio Ethanol Fireplaces - various models
What are the defects?
The products fail various requirements of the Consumer Goods (Decorative Alcohol Fuelled Devices) Safety Standard 2017. Defects include failure to:
• be a permanent fixture or have a dry weight of at least 8 kilograms and a footprint of at least 900 square centimetres;
• meet the stability test set out in the European standard;
• come with a fuel container with a flame arrester or an automatic fuel pump system; and
• have the prescribed warning label.
What are the hazards?
Defects can result in fire, severe burn injuries to the user or possible death of the user. Fire may also cause property damage.
What should consumers do?
Consumers should cease using their ethanol burner immediately and return it to Gardenia Home Garden Decor for a full refund.
Gardenia Home Garden Decor Store
- 1 July 2015 - 12 April 2018
Recall advertisements and supporting documentation
Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is the responsible regulator for this recall.