GlobalOutlet.com — Car Towing Strap
What are the defects?
The strap failed to comply with the labelling requirements of the Trade Practices (Consumer Product Safety Standard) (Motor Vehicle Recovery Straps) Regulations 2010. Information about the strap's minimum breaking strength is not included on the label.
What are the hazards?
If the vehicle recovery strap used is not rated for the weight of the vehicles it is attached to, it can break, and both the strap and tow hook can release with great force. This can pose a risk of injury or death to vehicle occupants or bystanders.
What should consumers do?
Consumers should stop using the product immediately.
Consumers should complete the following instructions to organise a refund:
1. Print and fill out the Recall Return Form at http://img.crazysales.com.au/newsletter/images/returnform/HQB_CAR201.pdf. This form should be attached to the affected product.
2. Go to http://parcelpoint.com.au/crazysales/return/ and follow the online process to create a return label.
3. Securely pack the item in a suitable box with the Recall Return Form and attach the label to the packaging. Take the package to the nearest postal outlet. Consumers do not need to pay for postage to return this product.
4. Email the Crazysales Order ID when the product has been posted. A refund including postage costs will be processed within 3 to 5 working days of the receipt of the product.
- 1 January 2015 - 24 June 2016
Recall advertisements and supporting documentation
Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is the responsible regulator for this recall.