Kia —Carnival and Sorrento—Stop light switch
What are the defects?
There is a possibility that due to a design flaw the stop lamp switch may not operate correctly. As a result of this concern:
- The brake lights may not illuminate when the brake pedal is depressed.
- The brake lights may remain illuminated when the brake pedal is released.
- On some occasions, the shifter cannot be moved from the Park (P) position.
- The ESC light may illuminate indicating "ESC OFF".
- Operating the brake may not deactivate the Cruise Control System.
What are the hazards?
What should consumers do?
Contact your nearest Kia service dealer to arrange an inspection and replacement of the stop light switch.