Polaris Sales Australia Pty Ltd — Indian (111 c.i.) Motorcycles MY2014-2019
What are the defects?
The gear position switch used may provide an inaccurate signal, which can lead to an incorrect gear being displayed in the rider display.
What are the hazards?
Incorrect gear indication during motorcycle start-up can cause unintended movement of the vehicle, increasing the risk of an accident or injury.
What should consumers do?
Consumers should contact their authorised Indian Motorcycle dealer to schedule an appointment to have the repair performed, free of charge.
To ensure there is no risk of unintended vehicle movement, it is recommended to follow the correct startup procedure:
1. Straddle the motorcycle and bring it to the fully upright position. Retract the side stand.
2. Move the engine stop/run switch to the RUN position.
3. Shift the transmission to neutral.
4. Apply the front brakes.
5. Disengage the clutch (pull the clutch lever fully toward the handlebar).
6. Start the engine.
For any questions or concerns, please contact the Indian Motorcycle Customer Service Department on 03 9394 5610 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 4.30pm AEST, excluding Victorian public holidays).
Authorised Indian Motorcycle Dealers
- 2 December 2013 - 7 April 2020