Tesla Motors Australia Pty Ltd — Tesla Model S MY2014-2018 and Model X MY2016-2018
What are the defects?
The eMMC may malfunction over time.
If a malfunction occurs:
1. The central display may black out and not recover after restarting the touchscreen; and/or
2. There may be loss of certain functionalities, including rearview backup camera, exterior turn signal lighting and windshield defogging and defrosting controls; and/or
3. A vehicle alert to contact Service may appear.
What are the hazards?
The loss of these functions may increase the risk of an accident resulting in injury to the vehicle occupants and other road users.
What should consumers do?
Tesla Inc will contact affected consumers by letter, advising them to make an appointment to have the VCM daughterboard replaced with an enhanced eMMC controller, free of charge.
For more information, or if you receive a vehicle alert signalling storage device degradation or are experiencing a persistent black centre display that does not recover after restarting the touchscreen, consumers can contact Tesla customer service on 1800 686 705 or visit https://www.tesla.com/en_AU/support/8gb-emmc-recall-frequently-asked-que...
- 1 May 2014 - 30 June 2018
- 1 January 2017 - 30 June 2018