Toyota—Toyota Hiace Van & Commuter KDH 201/221/223 EGR Pipe & Injectors
What are the defects?
Toyota Hiace Van and Commuter vehicles equipped with the 1KD-FTV
diesel engine may have two potential issues:
(1) The Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system pipes may not be able to withstand the stress that occurs when the pipe expands and contracts due to the heat of the exhaust gases. This condition may cause the pipe to fracture and the exhaust gases to leak into the cabin of the vehicle.
(2) The fuel injector pipes may have been over-tightened, causing cracking of the injectors. In the worst case, diesel fuel may leak from the crack and cause an engine fire or road hazard.
What are the hazards?
(1) Poisonous exhaust gases may enter the cabin of the vehicle.
(2) Leaking diesel fuel may pose a hazard to other road users and/or present a fire hazard.
What should consumers do?
Owners of the affected vehicles will be notified by mail. Subject to the production dates of the vehicles, one of the following repairs may be required:
(1) Replace the injectors and injector pipes; or
(2) Replace the EGR pipe
This will be performed at NO COST to the vehicle owner.
Authorised Toyota dealers
- 1 September 2006 - 30 June 2011