This safety recall was extended in August 2021 to include additional affected models.
These Energy Storage System (ESS) Home Batteries are installed as part of a residential energy solar system which allows owners to capture and store energy from solar panels. Each ESS Home Battery is marked with a unique serial number, which can be used to identify affected batteries.
Affected models include:
• RESU7H Type-R
• RESU10H Type-C
• RESU10H Type-R
• RESU10H Type-R (Secondary)
• S/A Gen2 1P (EM048063P3S4)
• S/A Gen2 2P (EM048126P3S7)
• S/A Gen2 1P (EM048063P3S5)
The affected ESS Home Batteries are equipped with cells from all production lots manufactured between 29 March 2017 and 13 September 2018. The affected ESS Home Batteries were supplied to consumers in Australia from 15 May 2017.
Affected RESU batteries are LG branded systems. Affected S/A Gen2 batteries are installed in non-LG branded systems including SolaX Power Station, SolaX X-Cabinet, Opal Storage, Redback SH5000, Red Earth Sunrise, Red Earth Drop Bear, Eguana Evolve and VARTA Pulse Neo. Some of these batteries are covered by a related recall by SolaX that can be found at PRA 2022/19420 - SolaX Power Aus Pty Ltd - LG S/A Gen2 ESS Batteries.
What are the defects?
ESS Batteries may overheat and catch on fire.
What are the hazards?
If a battery overheats, it may catch on fire and cause injury or death and/or damage to property. Incidents have occurred and caused damage to property.
What should consumers do?
- Visit https://www.lgessbattery.com/au and follow the instructions to find out if your battery is affected by the recall. If you need help, immediately contact LG Energy Solution Australia (LGESAU) by phone on 1300 677 273 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your battery is affected, you should immediately switch off your battery storage system and keep it switched off to minimise the risk of fire. To switch off the battery storage systems safely, you should refer to the instructions for the battery storage system or contact the installer or LGESAU for advice.
- LGESAU will replace all affected batteries for free or provide a full refund and remove the battery from your premises.
- Affected batteries can be switched off until replacement or removal.
- LGESAU is also offering to reduce the maximum state of charge of the battery to 75% to reduce the risk of fire until the batteries are replaced or removed. However, this charge reduction is only a short term remedial measure. This charge reduction cannot be applied to RESU10H Type-C batteries.
- LGESAU can apply this charge reduction remotely where possible and will organise site visits for charge reductions to batteries that cannot be accessed remotely.
- LGESAU will also provide financial compensation to consumers to offset any increase to electricity bills following switch off or charge reduction of batteries.
Additional advice from the ACCC and Electrical Safety Regulators
- On 12 August 2022, LGESAU notified the ACCC of additional batteries that may overheat.
- Consumers can identify whether their batteries are affected by checking the serial numbers of their batteries at https://www.lgessbattery.com/au/home-battery/checkSN.lg.
- LGESAU is proposing to install diagnostic software in these additional batteries that is intended to identify and shut down batteries at risk of overheating. LGESAU will send further information to affected consumers who receive the diagnostic software.
- LGESAU intends to install this software remotely where possible and will organise site visits for batteries that cannot be accessed remotely. LGESAU is offering to replace all batteries shut down by the software for free.
- Electrical safety regulators are currently assessing the proposed software.
- We will provide further information as it becomes available.
Traders who sold this product
One Stop Warehouse
Red Earth Energy Storage
Sonepar (as Solar Plus Solutions)
Various residential solar energy storage system retailers