What are the defects?
The recalled transceivers may not switch from SEND mode into SEARCH mode.
What are the hazards?
If the transceiver is not in SEARCH mode, the device will not be able to locate a skier in an avalanche, which could result in severe injuries or death if the skier is buried under snow.
What should consumers do?
Consumers should immediately cease using their transceiver and check the SEND and SEARCH functions:
To do this, consumers should:
1) Move the slider lock to the left and the mode slider upwards in the position SEARCH.
2) Make sure the SEARCH symbol (- -) appears on the display
3) Move the slider downwards, until it locks in position SEND
4) Make sure the SEND symbol (X) appears on the display
5) Move the slider lock to the left and the mode slider downwards in the position OFF.
6) Make sure that the beacon is turned off.
For further assistance follow the instructions in the Quickstart Guide at https://blackdiamond-web.cdn.prismic.io/blackdiamond-web/31d30bb0-b89e-…
If consumers are unable to switch between the modes, or are uncertain whether the transceiver is working properly they should contact Sea to Summit Pty Ltd for a replacement or refund.
For further information, contact Sea to Summit Pty Ltd by phone on (08) 9221 6617 , by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.blackdiamondequipment.com.au/pages/contact
Traders who sold this product
Bumps Snow Surf Skate
Find Your Feet Hobart
Fleets Sportsworld Berridale
Fresh Tracks Touring
Lands Edge Foundation
Mont Adventure Equipment
Mountain Equipment Sydney
Rhythm Pty Ltd
The Wilderness Shop