Awesomewheels Pty Ltd—SEGGi Self-Balancing 2 Wheel Electric Scooter ("Hoverboard")
What are the defects?
The battery charger may not comply with the Australian electrical safety standards and is not approved.
What are the hazards?
There is a potential risk of fire and/or electric shock.
What should consumers do?
• Stop using the charger immediately by switching off the power at the socket outlet and unplug it from the socket outlet.
• Place charger in a safe place where it cannot be accessed to prevent use.
• Awesomewheels Pty Ltd will be supplying replacement chargers to all the affected customers along with instructions on how to dispose of your unapproved charger.
• For further information on this recall contact Awesomewheels Pty Ltd on (02) 9316 6169 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Self Balancing Scooters
- 1 September 2015 - 29 January 2016
Recall advertisements and supporting documentation
Energy Safe (VIC) is the responsible regulator for this recall.