MTD Products Australia Pty Ltd — Cub Cadet Pro Z 100 S Series Commercial Ride On Lawn Mowers
What are the defects?
The lawn mowers were incorrectly supplied with a single direction vented fuel cap. The proper fuel cap should be a dual direction vented fuel cap.
What are the hazards?
Pressure may build up inside the fuel tank and fuel might escape if the fuel cap is released too quickly, potentially causing an injury. If an ignition source is nearby, and fuel escapes, there exists a potential fire hazard.
What should consumers do?
- to store the Affected Mower in a cool place, preferably indoors, out of direct sunlight - heat exposure could increase the pressure build up
- not to fill the fuel tanks more than half way
- if fuel is spilled, to wipe it up and not start the Affected Mower for at least 5 minutes
- when loosening the fuel cap, to maintain a firm grip and slowly loosen the cap in order to allow any pressure build up to release
- not to completely remove the fuel cap until they can no longer hear pressure releasing
- if fuel starts to escape, to tighten the fuel cap and call their local Cub Cadet dealer immediately - a list of Cub Cadet dealers can be found at www.cubcadet.com.au.
MTD Dealer network across Australia.
- 3 October 2016 - 21 December 2018
Recall advertisements and supporting documentation
Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is the responsible regulator for this recall.