Subaru extends Takata recalls
Around 95 000 additional Subaru vehicles have been recalled due to faulty Takata airbags. Subaru owners are urged to check if their VIN has been added to the extended recall.
Affected vehicles are:
- Liberty (2010-14) – 12 982 added
- Outback (2010-14) – 14 656 added
- Impreza (2008-13) – 24 119 added
- Forester (2009-12) – 38 170 added
- Tribeca (2007-13) – 3 838 added
- Exiga (2010-14) – 934 added
Subaru will contact owners of the recalled vehicles by mail as soon as parts become available.
Consumers can also use Subaru’s VIN look-up tool to see if their vehicle is affected by this recall.
To keep up-to-date on the latest recalls, consumers should:
- subscribe to the ACCC’s recall updates for new recalls affecting the makes of vehicles that you’re interested in
- subscribe to the ACCC’s RSS feeds for new recalls affecting the makes of vehicles that you’re interested in
- contact a dealership or the vehicle manufacturer and ask them to check your vehicle's VIN
- check the list of vehicles recalled periodically.