The ban applies to separable or loose magnets that meet certain criteria.
About the ban
This ban applies to separable or loose magnets that meet all of the following criteria:
- are small enough to fit into the small parts cylinder used in the mandatory standard for toys for children up to and including 36 months of age
- have a magnetic flux of greater than 50
- are marketed by the supplier as, or supplied for use as any of the following:
- a toy, game or puzzle
- a construction or modelling kit
- jewellery to be worn in or around the mouth or nose.
Complying with the ban
Consumer Protection Notice No. 5 of 2012 sets out the requirements of this ban.