TWM Pty Ltd—Portable Quick Lift Hydraulic Trolley Jack
What are the defects?
The warning label on the product does not comply with the mandatory Australian/New Zealand Standard, AS/NZS 2615:2004.
The label fails to state:
1. "The unlifted wheels of the vehicle should be chocked."
2. "The load should be centrally located on the head cap."
3. "No person should remain in a vehilce that is being lifted.'
4. "The vehicle manufacturer owner's manual should be consulted prior to the lifting of the vehicle."
5. "The hydraulic trolley jack should be used for lifting and lowering only."
6. The working load in kilograms.
7. The prescribed warnings in letters 5mm high.
What are the hazards?
The consumer may incorrectly use the product, creating a crushing hazard.
What should consumers do?
1. Contact the supplier of the product (where the product was purchased) for a new label to be sent out, OR
2. Return the product to the supplier (where the product was purchased) so that a new label can be affixed, OR
3. Contact the product importer, TWM Imports Pty Ltd on (03) 9314 8588 so that a new label can be sent out.
See attached list of traders.
- 4 February 2009 - 6 June 2011
- 1 July 2007 - 1 May 2011
Recall advertisements and supporting documentation
Australian Competition and Consumer Commission is the responsible regulator for this recall.