This recall was updated on 28 October 2022 to confirm affected cookers and information about inspection and repairs.
(Update 4, revised 28 Oct 2022)
500 Series Cooker/Grill and Cooktops
Products were supplied to caravan, camper, motorhome manufacturers and directly to consumers.
See attached Model list
• between 1 January 2019 and 31 May 2020 (inclusive) have been recalled – Follow instructions under What should consumers do? section below.
• before 1 January 2019 are not subject to recall – consumers can continue to use these cookers as per the instructions for use provided with the appliance.
•on or after 1 June 2020 are not subject to recall – consumers can continue to use these cookers as per the instructions for use provided with the appliance.
To identify affected appliances, check the model number on the data plate. Open the glass lid and look for the data plate on the inside front left side of the lid.
Reasons the product is recalled
A part of the gas supply pipe in the front left burner may break or develop a hole. This can cause the gas to leak.
The hazards to consumers
If the gas leaks in the presence of an ignition source this can lead to an explosion and/or fire, which may result in serious illness, injury or death.
The defect has caused incidents that have caused serious injuries and burns.
What consumers should do
For cookers manufactured between1 January 2019 and 31 May 2020 (inclusive):
1. Turn the front left burner control knob to the off position, remove the knob and store it out of reach of other users.
2. DO NOT USE the front hotplate left burner. The other burners and the electric hotplate can be used.
3. Contact a Swift service agent to arrange an inspection and repairs (if required). Swift service agents information is available here: https://swiftappliancegroup.com.au/repairs-warranty/
If you are in a remote area or unable to access an approved Swift service agent, contact a licensed plumber or gasfitter and request they contact Swift for authorisation and instructions on how to conduct the remedial process.
Contact details for Swift Appliance Group:
• 0412 821 912 (Monday to Thursday 8am to 4:30pm and Friday 8am to 1:30pm)
• Register your details and receive updates: https://swiftappliancegroup.com.au/recall-register
It is recommended that consumers install a gas leak detector inside the cupboard underneath the gas cooker unit if the caravan or motorhome is intended to travel off-road.
Traders who sold this product
Caravan, Camper and Motorhome manufacturers