- Supplier checklist for conducting a recall This checklist is not listed in a particular order and not all items apply to every recall. You may complete many items at the same time and some items are ongoing. You can modify this checklist to suit your business processes.
- Sample recall plan - PDF (230KB)
- Sample recall plan - Word (295KB)
Recall advertisement templates
Suppliers can use the following templates to generate a recall notice. The recall notice should be submitted to the ACCC for comment prior to publishing.
- Biddle N and Zhang J (2021) ‘Application of behavioural insights to understand the Australian recall of Takata Airbags – Report 1’, Australian National University Centre for Social Research & Methods, accessed January 2022.
- European Commission, Consumers, Health, Agriculture and Food Executive Agency (2019) ‘Survey on consumer behaviour and product recall effectiveness - final report’, Publications Office, accessed January 2021.
- OECD (2018), ‘Enhancing product recall effectiveness globally: OECD background report’, OECD Science, Technology and Industry Policy Papers, No. 58, OECD Publishing, Paris, accessed December 2020.
- OECD (2020), ‘Policy guidance on maximising product recall effectiveness’, OECD Science, Technology and Industry Policy Papers, No. 58, OECD Publishing, Paris, accessed December 2020.