What are the defects?
DynaDrive DD60-10 and DD90-11 model pumps may not be adequately earthed.
An incident has occurred with a DynaDrive pump where a person experienced an electric shock.
What are the hazards?
Risk of electric shock, which can cause injury.
What should consumers do?
Stop using the affected DynaDrive DD60-10 and DD90-11 model pumps immediately and follow the below steps:
- Switch off power at the switchboard using the main breaker switch. If you are unsure how to do this, contact Davey Water Products on 1300 232 839.
- Inspect the rating label to verify whether the pump is affected by the recall.
- If the pump is not affected by the recall, switch power back on at the switchboard using the main breaker switch. Continue to use your pump as normal.
- If the pump is affected by the recall, you should unplug the pump, take a photo of the pump rating label, and register your product using the this link or contact Davey Water Products.
- After the pump has been unplugged, switch power back on at the switchboard using the main breaker switch.
- Davey will organise a free infield service inspection/repair by a certified technician. The technician will verify the earth terminal connection and repair if necessary.
For further information please visit https://www.daveywater.com/au/electrical-product-safety-recall
Please contact Davey Water Products on 1300 232 839 (9am to 5pm AEST, Monday to Friday), email email@example.com, or contact your local Davey dealer where product was purchased from.
Traders who sold this product
See attached Traders list.