Oliveri-branded water filter monitor timer containing one button battery and supplied as a promotional item with the following Oliveri-branded water filter systems and replacement cartridge products:
1. Oliveri Inline Water Filtration System for Standard Water Use (Model No: FS5010)
2. Oliveri Inline Water Filtration System Replacement Cartridge for Standard Water Use (Model No: FR5910)
3. Oliveri 3 Way Water Filter System (Model: FS7005)
4. Oliveri Harshwater Inline Water Filter System (Model:FS5050)
5. Oliveri Gooseneck Tap Water Filter System (Model:FS7025)
6. Oliveri Squareneck Tap Water Filter System (Model:FS7075)
7. Oliveri Water Filter Replacement Cartridge (Model:FR5950)
8. Oliveri Water Filter Replacement Cartridge (Model:FR7905)
What are the defects?
The Oliveri branded timer does not comply with the mandatory safety standard for products containing button/coin batteries.
The battery compartment is not adequately secured and the button battery in the product may be easily accessible. The product has not been tested against the standard.
What are the hazards?
If young children gain access to button batteries and ingest them, they are likely to suffer severe internal burn injuries, which can result in serious injury or death. Button batteries also pose a choking hazard to young children.
What should consumers do?
Consumers should stop using the timer immediately and safely dispose of it.
After disposal, consumers should notify Water Filters Australia, so that the safe disposal of the product can be monitored.
Traders who sold this product
Plumbing, electrical, kitchen and bathroom and hardware suppliers and online.